Kshetra – Assisted living
Kshetra, an assisted living facility on the outskirts of Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh was launched recently. This property is promoted by Heritage Elder care Services (P) Ltd.
Kshetra is a retirement home meant for independent living and assisted living. It is a single building with individual rooms available for senior citizens to lease or rent as they wish. Each room is built to be senior friendly and comes with an attached bathroom. In addition, there are a lot of services available so that seniors can live a life of comfort and dignity without having to depend on familial support.
Briefly about Heritage Elder care Services:
Heritage Elder Care Services (P) Ltd. (HECS) has over 18 years of experience in providing care to seniors through Heritage Medical Centre (a long-term healthcare facility) and Heritage Home Health Care Services (at-home assistance for seniors). In order to create and deliver a continuum of care for the elderly, HECS has launched Kshetra—a senior living facility. Kshetra is located close to Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.
Kshetra is a new facilities that provides independent rooms for senior citizens to rent or lease. You can look at this property as a long stay hotel with special facilities specifically for older people. To cater to the financial capabilities of a wide cross section of people, Kshetra allows people to take a life-long lease at as little as Rs. 2 Lakhs as well as allows people to take rooms on a monthly basis. The monthly expenses including all the standard services is a nominal amount between Rs. 10,000 – Rs. 18,000. Additional services such as full-time attendant will be charged extra.
Since the facility is being run by a hospital group that has been working especially with senior citizens for a long time, their understanding of the needs of this demographic seems to be good and we expect Kshetra to be a comfortable option. A good indicator of this is the way they have gone about designing the rooms. An extract from their site given below illustrates this:
- Decor and design
- Flooring with non-glare finish
- Bright, warm colours
- Signs at eye-level and visible from wheelchair
- Furniture with rounded edges
- Chairs with 17-19 inch seat height and 18-20 inch seat depth
- Chairs with straight back and arms
- Walker/ wheelchair accessible doorways (including washroom)
- Levered door handle instead of door knob
- High toilet- 18 inches high
- Shower area with enough room for caregiver
- Floor lighting for increased visibility and safety
- Hand railings in hallways
- Seating area along long hallways
- Light doors which are easy to push/pull
- Fire extinguishers on every floor
- Taps with levers instead of faucets
This shows the thought and experience that has gone into the construction of the facility.
They are also clear about the kind of seniors they will be able to cater to. Their eligibility criteria include
- not requiring constant professional medical attention
- ability to communicate needs and to be understood
- absence of behaviour which puts the safety of others at risk
- ability to make decisions regarding daily needs and activities
- not suffering severe mental illness and not at risk of wandering
Moinabad in the Ranga Reddy district of Andhra Pradesh is green and peaceful and an ideal location for housing seniors who prefer a clean and quiet ambience and yet don’t wish to be completely isolated from the city or community activities.
Kshetra is approximately 25 kms from the city of Hyderabad and 20 kms from the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport.
Nearest Railway Station:
Kshetra is 15 kms from the Umdanagar Railway Station (29 kms from Secundrabad Jn).
Nearest city is Hyderabad.
View Map of all Retirement communities in a larger map
||Amenities at home
Prices – Jul 2013.
Optional life time lease – Rs. 1 Lakh to Rs. 2 Lakhs. Monthly rentals range from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 18,000/- (Depending upon the lease amount paid and the number of months of advance payment made).
Medical services and 24×7 assistance services will be charged extra.